Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kg. Gajah Track day !

It was a very nice day since it is track day. we departed from penang at 4.30 a.m. at tommax sticker shop. The journey to Kg. Gajah took around 3 hours. We used the trunk road for some touge action. Before that we were suppose to meet up with the others at bukit merah R&R. As we proceded, The convoy was divided into the 2 groups. 1 for fast action touge on the trunk roads and 2nd for slow steady cruising. I decided to follow the fast group but I was not fast, I was still having sleep deficiency. so I decided to take it normal. As we reach the track, all of us was happy as it is time to attack the track ! We unpack ourstuff, and we took some time to rest to wait for the others to come.As the clock hit around 9, we were divided into few groups. I was in the same group as Raj, Suhimi and shazwan(DC5). It was not fun at all, I was overtaken by them as I was not as fast as them. Afternoon, the organizers organised a mini race, so i decided to sign up to try my luck and I was lucky. I was assigned to the .1.6 category, so I will be meeting Raj, suhimi, shazwan and many other fast cars. I manage to maintain my position till the 2nd last round Shazwan(DC5) spund out of control.I manage to creep up to 3rd place. The mini race was very 'Hostile' as everyone was trying to overtake everyone. I did enjoy my self and I hope ill be prepared for future trackday's. Thanks alot to the sponsors.Now let the pictures do the talking.


The morning trip when sunrise








The entry point of kg. gajah













Posing while waiting for other participants







!st few runs in the morning



the 1.6> category race

Getting ready for the race













the video, recorded by tan



3rd place, 1st place and 2nd place winners. All from penang !


1st place




2nd place

me in 3rd place










more pics please visit TK's blog,Andrew, and ray's

No comments: